Official Party blog for the Krunk'st Birthday Party this Year

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Krunk Kex Sez


So we're a good ten days from this crazy party... Seriously feels like it's just crept up on us.. Shall I hit you with the cliche? Here it goes: It feels like it was just yesterday that these insane in the membrane Gem ladies thought it cool to throw a mad party. Just for poops and giggles. And the event moniker? All Krunk Err'thang! Heehee. Never thought I'd see the day Krunk and Keke appeared in the same sentence. I've certainly been bitten by the bug though- I'm fenna get buck, Naaa'meeean?! (**,)

I'm particularly stoked about the DJ line up. Not too long ago, I was at a Red Bull and Metro fm Afro Pics gig where Kenzhero played a set that had more than just my feet tapping to the beat (pretty awkward considering that the atmosphere was a mellow sit-down-and-bob-your-head-to-the-beat type vibe). Now that the party is near, I'm getting my moves polished once again..

Nothing better than some old school jams. You know, that music from 'before your time'. Bliss. On that note, I've had one song in my head for a 'hot minute' (Laugh Out Loud!!! What's up with that anyway?! A month is a long time. 60 seconds will not even begin to justify the time consumed playing this song in my head! But for Krunkness' sake, I'll fall back). It goes something like this: "IN-FOR-MA!!! Lalalalalalalaylala nanani boom boom down!" After some research courtesy of my sister, I finally know who sings the song. One hit wonder called Snow and the song features MC Shan. And now, after more than a decade of being satisfied with my version of the song, i found out how the song actually goes.

Informer
You know say daddy me snow me-a (gonna)blame
A licky boom-boom down
'tective man he say, say Daddy Me Snow me stab someone
a licky boom-boom down

Oh dear... I think I was happier with my version, coz the real thing don make-a no sense.

Now I have to think of a stanky-legging, booty-popping, body-shaking, krunk-sounding sign off. Honestly, I have one thing to say (Zama and Anisa, you can kill me after the party):


FEEL IT

It

is

HurRrrrR!!!


Moooohahaha!

Krunk Gem Kex

exex

No comments: